Monday, April 24, 2006

Decisions: Aar ya paar ??

I am a satisfied soul these days .. thanks to Amazon.com !!! I did have conflicts in my mind as I had quite a few good potential opportunities lined up but I decided to avoid this exercise .. Onsite interviews do take a toll on your energies and I think it is in the best interests of oneself to be satisfied with what he/she gets. I got what I wanted in my first attempt and I asked myself a simple question. If I were to get an offer elsewhere, would I really go for it? The answer was a distinct "no" and that is what led to me to accept the offer at Amazon.com. Moving away from all this euphoria that I experienced, I want to touch upon the decision making ability one has to inculcate to move ahead in life. Life is all about prudent decision making .. At each step you have to decide your next course of action and only a sound decision lends stability and direction to your thoughts and your ultimate future.

I have somehow felt that I have never really planned my career. I just did what I felt was right at that stage without any consideration for my long term goals.. In the process, I did decide about my career path though .. As experience has taught me, decision making is the key to make progress ... I have been in a dilemma ever so often between two equally good choices and this I feel is an aspect I need to improve upon. I have known a few close friends who have been poor at decision making but fortunately that has not affected their lives thus far .. Sometimes, things happen to you and you just move forward with it .. A lot of close friends and relatives have asked me what is it that I really want to do ?? and I in a rather lame fashion have given them the cliche response .. "To be successful" ... What are the parameters of success and how to get there is a big abstraction for me as of now.. but I hope that I lead a satisfied life in the future.. That would be my definition of success.. Most people would equate success with monetary belongings and that is completely unjustified as far as I am concerned. Success is a state of mind where in you feel contented with what you are doing .. I firmly believe in this .. To be successful one has to make the right decisions at every juncture as that governs your course of action ... I vehemently and vociferously vouch for decisions to be boolean .. a "yes" or a "no" .. A "maybe" or "maybe not" kind of decision is a tricky one to live with .. I have been in such situations before and learnt a lesson or two .. Anyway, the whole point of this writing was to emphasize the importance of decision making and its impact on one's future .. So folks always think before you act ..

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel D'sa said...

Hmm.. Deep stuff... :-))

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home